Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I hope we can help each other endure the pain of the addiction of a daughter or son.

Saturday, April 9, 2011

Call From My Dad

My Dad called me last night. He is still in Florida at the over 55 RV resort. He was so worried about me because he could not get me on the phone. Apparently my sister could not get me either. He said he is keeping busy and doing ok most of the time. Then he broke down and cried about my mother's passing. We both said that we go along ok and then some little thing just triggers the grief.

Anyhow, he has a lot of activities and a lot of friends down there. I worry about him more when he comes home. He and my Mom were so social and Florida and not social at all here in Jersey.

4 comments:

  1. I live in Northern/West NJ. What part are you from? We could be neighbors!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ...or as they say....what exit ? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I actually do not live near any exit...that is more of a South Jersey thing. Garden State Parkway has all the shore exits...funny thing is some of my children have never even been to the Jersey Shore. We live in the Garden and Horsey part of the state. It is a shame that people think NJ is Newark Airport. It is so much more than that or an exit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Anna, that's painful to hear your dad crying and know how much he misses your mom. How long can he stay in Florida? I hope he can spend more time there or find new things in NJ to keep him busy.

    I am sorry you have to go through this loss too, you've had much more than your share.

    ReplyDelete