Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I hope we can help each other endure the pain of the addiction of a daughter or son.

Wednesday, April 6, 2011

One Hundred Percent Normal Today

Beth stopped by today. She had on a low cut t-shirt. She had make up on her face and neck but her neck did not look all puntured and torn up. It has done a good deal of healing since the last time I saw her. She was reasonable, affectionate and kind. She told us why she likes the new boyfriend and her reasons all made good sense. They are planning to attend church together and instead of rejecting his beliefs, she says she understands how he feels. I said , "God loves you and Jesus died for all of our sins." Going to church is a good thing. It can bring you Joy and Comfort.

She was moved to tears at the food stamp office. Everyone had their food stamps reduced by 15 dollars. Upon hearing this, an elderly woman in a wheel chair had an asthma attack. Beth said, " I felt so bad because these elderly disabled people can not do a single thing. I can do something sometimes but they can not even walk!" Her Dad said there are many people worse off in this world. You do not have to look far.

She said she was happy staying in her apartment. She said that the boyfriend visits each evening. They eat dinner, take a long walk by the water and then watch some movies.

Dear God in heaven please let some of this be true!

4 comments:

  1. I hope it is true! Anytime I have any "normal" time with my son it is a true blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear this! So I take the drug test was ok and she is still on Subs? Check out the ODR board on subs. Or google: Opiate-Detox and it will come up. Good reading and information. Hugs, Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear God, Please let this be true and continue! Amen

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will pray that it is true, my friend! We need some hope here for you!!

    ReplyDelete