Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I hope we can help each other endure the pain of the addiction of a daughter or son.

Sunday, July 21, 2013

More Drama

The boyfriend wanted to tell his side but Christine was not interested. Beth had not been in the car for  2 minutes when she started begging for money then insisting that they pick up one of her friends from the barrio. Christine's boyfriend said no to that. They had no intention of picking up an unknown addict in the middle of the night. Beth started to scream and cry which she kept up for the next 20 minutes until they got to her apt. At that point she apologized but was simultaneously  texting for someone else to pick her up.

Today I got the first text from Beth acting all cool saying hey are you guys home.  I ignored it. Then she called my husband saying she wanted to go back to the boyfriend and that she did not have any food etc etc.  Right now I hear the bleep bleep of my text messages. I just said a prayer for her but I am so tired of the drama and lies. When I am not available she targets my younger daughter or my sister. Last night she did have a big fight with the boyfriend but then she used that as an angle to get her sister to take her to drugs. I do not want to talk with her now and not sure when I will. My inclination is to let her find one of her so called many friends to give her a ride. God help her and God help me. We need a miracle and that is what I pray for.

4 comments:

  1. don't suppose you can get her into rehab for your very own vacation from this stuff?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remember when my husband and I traveled often, I would tell everyone not to call me unless someone died and even then not to because, there was nothing I could do until I got back. I was always anxious flying back and dreading turning my phone back on. To often when I did I had several messages about the latest drama and that was just from the time I was on the plane! We always had 1 or 2 calls while away even though I asked them not to call. They'd call my husbands phone instead and he always had his on for work reasons. I'm so sorry your going thru this Anna. I have to say though that you always seem to deal with it pretty level headed but, I know inside you are probably struggling like we all do. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just started this part of the journey, and just started praying for miracles, too....I think....Ugh. So sorry.

    ReplyDelete