Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I hope we can help each other endure the pain of the addiction of a daughter or son.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Moving On From Crack

DH wrote a letter to Beth today. It gave her many resources of community organizations that would help her. He told her that she can text but not call him. We will not make her phone calls and live our lives consumed with hers. We have not found another rep payee yet. Any sugestions there?

However, we did agree to put her money in her account bi-weekly. The rent and utilities are withdrawn from her ssi account automatically.

I did make a phone call today to find out how to refer her to the local PACT team. This is a special team for severely mentally ill clients who are resistent to treatment and at risk for homelessness. The director was out of town but I left a message. Her medicaid paperwork came in today and I will do that tommorrow.

For the rest of the day, I took a nice walk in the neighborhood and then started to catch up on paperwork. I took out a pretty large term life insurance policy on myself. In the event that I predecease DH he will not have medical insurance so this protects him. It was necessary as I took the maximum benefit on my pension which means the pension will die with me.

My other daughter who is studying speech and language pathology and audiology brought home a new suitor. He was a very personable and humorous physics major. They hung around our house cooking and laughing. They made me a healthy and beautiful home made pizza for lunch.

DH and I bought two new beautiful comforters for about 60 dollars. They will do a lot to brighten up the bedrooms. We both stuck to our diets and exercise today. The local sweet corn and tomatoes are fabulous right now. So were the peaches for dessert.

I cried for my mother and I cried for Beth early in the afternoon but most of this good day was spent with the living going on  with an otherwise reasonably good life.

5 comments:

  1. You are so strong Anna. I can't imagine how hard it must be but, you are doing the right thing and moving forward. Most days I cry about my son - I think it's normal but, the important thing is we have to keep going- Life does go on. Could the court assign a payee??? I don't know anything about that - just wondering. Maybe the person that calls you back from the PACT team could advice you with that. I love the sweet corn this time of the year too and it has been good this year! Wishing you peace - stay strong!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you are doing your best to live normally, even though your heart is aching. Take care of Anna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so oamazing Anna. Truly you are doing the best that you can and it sounds like minute by minute you are making choices for *yourself*. good girl! I am praying...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this post. You are doing an amazing job keeping a "balance." And of course, you are blessed to have a supporting family.

    I believe SS assigns an attorney for the rep payee, and they take a small portion for their services. Have you read "Night Navigation"? The mother (author) writes of the rep payee situation..being put in the middle, when you know where the money is really going..in a way you will totally relate.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am happy you are taking care of things and taking a walk! I have been having some rough days and not motivated to get moving.. you just motivated me! Thanks!

    As far as the payee. I worked for an employment service for DD and was a payee for several of my clients. I would call her case worker or support staff at her county board of dev. disable. They should be able to point you in the right direction. Here it would be called a benefit co-ordinater.
    Thoughts and prayers are with you, Kelly

    ReplyDelete