Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I hope we can help each other endure the pain of the addiction of a daughter or son.

Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Cataract Surgery

Hubby had cataract surgery this morning. He has been sleeping for most of the day and I have been puttering around the house to keep an eye on him.


Beth called yesterday say that she had cancelled the Dr. appt. and that the rash had gone away. A little later she was collecting metal which she does once a week. We had gone to the Mall with my youngest daughter in her car. Beth apparently thought we were home but not answering the door. She texted and called frantically on the cell phone. (We have never refused to answer the door to her.)

I have been watching the new show Political Animals with interest. The son is addicted and he is an expert at iliciting guilt and sympathy from his parents. Someone who wrote that had to know a real life addict. I would be interested to hear your thoughts on the way this show deals with addiction. It is on demand and also on USA on Sunday evenings.

3 comments:

  1. We watch Political Animals too. I know exactly what you are saying. Someone with experience wrote the stuff about ealing with an addict. I like it when the grandmother said something like, "He's an addict he will have drugs everywhere." Ain't that the truth. Hidden in cushion of chair, that's an easy one. We found it in underneath the cardboard in a Bart Simpson game box and....... anywhere else you could imagine. Alex even carved out the center of a Bible he had in his room . LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ain't that the truth. The hiding places show the creativity & resourcefulness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post. I've found it really useful. Thanks a lot.

    ReplyDelete