Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I hope we can help each other endure the pain of the addiction of a daughter or son.

Friday, August 17, 2012

Family Photos

The last time I started looking at pictures from when the kids were little it put me in a tail spin of depression that took several days before I could quit being weepy.

Today I started to organize them again but just for 30 minutes. I cried a little but then I could see that we were really a happy family pre addiction. Oh no they can't take that away from me.


4 comments:

  1. I know just what you mean. For years, I couldn't look at young pictures of my son, or those of all of us with him in them. Plus,..he was our baby,.special to us all, including his older brother & sister. I can do that now, & know that it's true,....how happy & good we all were, including him. No matter the horror of his addiction & all that's happened, nothing will ever deny or erase all the goodness that was.

    No,....you're right. Nothing can take that away from you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I so understand this! Like Beachie I couldn't look at pictures from when my girl was little for several years. I'm better now and it sounds like you are too! We are a resilient bunch, us moms of lost kids!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I so hope that someday they will be found. God help them find themselves again.

      Delete
  3. I don't look at old photos of my family. I miss both parents and the innocence of who I was back then.

    ReplyDelete