Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I hope we can help each other endure the pain of the addiction of a daughter or son.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Beth Cancelled Dr. Appointment

She cancelled her appointment and rescheduled for next Wed. She is back in her apartment and taking her psych meds. She called me over and over again wanting to know why I think she is doing poorly. I was like...... well it is your business but I do not want to watch you kill yourself. You were living with a heavy user, you have needle marks in your neck so that is what leads me to think you are doing poorly.

I said that I would only believe a urine test that was observed by a nurse or Dr. If she wants me to hold the suboxone for her then I need to know that she is taking it. I need to know that she is not bringing in someone else's urine. She called me a bitch and hung up. Then she called back several more times but I did not answer. Then, she texted that she would consent to such a test at her next appointment. She feels bad that I do not believe her. She is a different person. She did not have to tell me she was living in a drug house but she did.

OK we will see how it works out that way. One in a million chance that she is telling the truth or will at least try to get a grip on herself between now and next week. The suboxone does help but she has to still live without the high and take it.

3 comments:

  1. well, I'd have to agree with the one in a million chance. its sad. I'm sorry. I hope things get better for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that Beth isn't doing well. It's so hard when they don't stay on their meds. Using on top of that does not make for a good situation. Some days I can't answer the calls either - it's better that way - for a little while any ways.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The trick seems to be to take it because they do well when they are on it. Hell comes when they decide to take a suboxone vacation.

    ReplyDelete