Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I hope we can help each other endure the pain of the addiction of a daughter or son.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

The Relief OF Tears

I woke up at five this morning crying and crying. My daughter's situation seems to be mixed in with the emotions that keep washing over me regarding the death of my mother and two dear friends in the last three months.You might think this would be negative but I actually felt a lot better today. It seems it was good for me to cry intensely and then get on with the business of living for the day. It is sort of like the difference between feeling nautious all day or just throwing up and feeling better.


I went on to spend the day visiting a number of very talented teachers. The first class was a guitar ensemble. They were playing some very complex but soothing pieces from Mozart and Bach. It was really beautiful and serene. It occured to me that I could listen to this type of music everday for some interludes of comfort.

Next, I visited two art teachers that were so talented. Their students were doing self-portraits. The likenesses were incredible. They invited me back at the end of the day to create a hand painted silk scarf with some other faculty members. All in all it was a good day. It was a bit of calm amidst the storm.

4 comments:

  1. There are times I think a really, really good cry relieves a lot in my head and heart.

    After all that and to have a good day, well that is priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A good cry is very theraputic!!!!

    I listen to Mozart, Bach, etc. in bed on my iPod to fall asleep. Also listen to a lot of Luciano Pavarotti, his voice is so comforting to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your struggles pull at my heart more than you would know. I have not experienced the same situations(yet) but have experienced the same emotions around the addiction of a child. I will keep you and yours in prayers. Thankyou for sharing this

    ReplyDelete
  4. All of us have to let out the pain some how. Sounds as if you did well with that.

    ReplyDelete