Welcome

Welcome to my blog. I hope we can help each other endure the pain of the addiction of a daughter or son.

Monday, January 11, 2010

Suspicion

I  opened and old backpack of Beth's yesterday. I was going to give it to my little niece. It was disgusting when I found drug paraphanalia in there.  Long neckd tweasers, long necked scissors, curtain pins and an eye dropper all in a nice little case.  I put the back pack out for the trash instead of giving it away.


Later in the day I opened all the compartments in the back pack. At that point I found goggles and a biology notebook. It suddenly occured to me that what I found before was a dissecting kit for the biology course that Beth was taking the last time she lived at home!


Today, she called me from a laundromat where she had recharged her cellphone. It sounded like there was a hell of a party going on.  She sounded happy maybe just a little too happy.


It seems to me it is natural to have these suspicions. They probaby will not go away for a long time. Nevertheless I do not want to over react to my own suspicions. There are bound to be times that I think she is telling a lie but she is not. That does not mean that I have to give her a hard time about it. If it is really my business I will verify the facts. If not, like today I will find comfort in what my sponsor says......"That which you need to know will come to you without any furthur effort or action on your part."


Take care all,

4 comments:

  1. Your sponsor sounds wise. Hers sounds like good advice. I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Thanks for sharing, Anna. Hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anna, I thought when you described what you thought as drug related that it sounded a bit strange. Glad that it was related to biology! I hope that your daughter will stay clean.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anna -

    I just caught up on your blog and was sorry to hear about your father-in-law.

    As far as your daughter and lying - for me that is so difficult because I am a very trusting person and believed my son most of the time. Sometimes it's so hard to know if they are lying or not.

    ReplyDelete